ADVENTURE RIDING SKILLS TRAINING DAYS (INTRODUCTORY/NOVICE)
June 3, 2023
Pleasant Sense Farm
ADVENTURE RIDING SKILLS TRAINING DAY
$270.00 + $50 if you are camping and eating the Saturday Night.
$500 for the 2 Day Rider Training & Over Night Camp
(JUNE 3rd & 4th Ride & Camp 2day Option $500)
Licensed Riders & Registered Motorcycles Only
This is a Motorcycling Australia Insured Event.
You will not need to get any form of extra license. $20 of your course fee goes directly to MSA to provide insurance.
YOUR RIDING INSTRUCTORS:
Stuart Duisberg & Adrian Harry
- Stuart is a highly experienced Solo and group leading Adventure rider, Enduro Rider, Hard
Enduro Rider and Remote Area Motorcycle Event Organizer who runs events including “The Flinders Classic” “ROBE RAGE”, “Gateway to the Flinders”, “The High Country Classic” and “The High Country ADV” rides amongst others. Stuart brings the ADV riding skills, experience and knowledge to the training that will give you the confidence to tackle the big rides.
Adrian is a multiple Australian & International observed trials champion and Extreme Enduro rider having competed in events including the RED BULL “ErzbergRodeo”, RED BULL “Romaniacs”, RED BULL “Sea To Sky”, The SA 24 Hr Trial & the Scottish 6 Day Trial. Adrian brings the core balance, throttle/clutch control and important rider positions to the training to hone your current skills, remove bad habits and set you up for accelerated improvement & safety in riding.
Introductory Adventure Training is for riders who fit somewhere into the below
- I am new to riding motorcycles, have an adventure bike and need to work on and understand how to handle this big bike and gain some Adventure and off road and bike handling skills to improve my safety and be more prepared.
- I have been riding motorcycles for a while now, have an adventure bike but
need to improve my riding and off road skills to build my confidence.
- I have just got back in to riding after a long period off, have an adventure bike
and want to hone my skills, balance and ride position again and pick up some new skills.
- I have been riding for years, have an adventure bike but want to get expert
instruction from seasoned professionals to pick up some new skills and remove my bad habits.
WHAT DO I BRING TO THE COURSE?:
• Your bike & your riding gear (Either ride up and arrive between 8am & 9am
or drive up with your bike loaded to your vehicle)
• Plenty of questions, an expectation of exceeding your comfort zones and
positive “Can Do” attitude.
(Throughout the day, if there is anything you don’t want to do or we don’t want
you to do, you won’t be forced or coerced to do so. We will continuously assess
your skill level and encourage you to get the most out of your riding but your
safety is our #1 priority. We want you to leave a better rider not a broken rider!)
The property is undulating hills with limestone outcrops, sandy sections, loamy ground, grassy ground cover, rocks and boulders and some steep inclines. It has dedicated training areas, obstacles and tracks marked throughout its entire 30 acres.
THE DAYS PLAN:
8:00am to 9:00am:
• Arrive, unload bikes from trailers, get prepared, have a coffee, meet and
greet your fellow riders, have a chat with the instructors and go through any
questions you may have about the day.
9:30am – 10:30am
• We go through everyone’s bikes, suspension setup, gear setup, gadgets,
farkles, add-ons and improvements to learn all about what has worked, is
working, wont work in an interactive discussion with everyone attending.
10:30am – 12:30pm
• We go riding and start the instruction on the specially designed Adventure
Bike skills training course.
12:30pm – 1:00pm
• Back to base for lunch and a rest.
1:00pm – 4:30pm
• More riding and instruction throughout the afternoon to harness and
continually improve your riding skills.
4:30pm – 5:00pm
• Back to base for a debrief of the days course and how to continuously
improve your Adventure Riding Skills.
The day will be very interactive between instructors and attendees with constant
communication throughout the different skills tasks.
Depending on the level of riders and setups, we may choose to split the group to
help riders get the most out of the day.
2 DAY CAMP AND RIDE OPTION
If you have booked the 2 day then after day 1 has completed at 5pm we start going through our camping equipment and setting up in a stunning location at the property. You will be treated to a great meal for dinner and BYO drinks for around the camp fire later. Your second day will be a re-run of the first day but you will have a fresh set of skills to hone and you will be riding some different obstacles depending on how you feel.
*** Please note – this event has a “$60 Refund Policy”. If you cant attend on a day due to sickness or injury, you will be able to move or postpone your training to another time but will incur the loss.
**** Training Days will go ahead regardless of weather conditions. If you cancel due to wet weather or unfavorable forecasts you will not receive a refund and should reconsider riding an Adventure bike and take up an indoor sport.
All riders must have current and up to date Ambulance Cover.